- 2 cans of sardines
- pat of butter
- 1 cup water
- few stalks of watercress
- fish sauce (optional)
Preparation & Cooking
- Put the sardines and the pat of butter into a heavy-based frying-pan and cook on a medium heat.
- As the pan warms and the butter melts, mash the sardines into it.
- When the butter has completely melted, pour in the water and stir as it comes to a boil.
- Thoroughly shred the watercress and toss into the pan.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool.
- Puree, and add a dash of fish sauce.