Friday, February 17, 2012

Nature Jams – Toe Tapping Fun For the Whole Family!

Nature Jams – Toe Tapping Fun For the Whole Family!

I was very excited when I was selected to do the review for Farmer Jason, Nature Jams. I love music and like most people I have my favorite bands and genres. However when you grow up with a musician for a father you have no choice but to listen to all types of music, thank goodness. My father played and loved classical, blues and Jazz of which I complained about as a child but it must have sunk in somewhere because as an adult I love it all.

The best way to instill a love of music in children is to capture their attention first and keep it there. What better way than with songs and music you find yourself humming and tapping your toes too!

Before I share my review I’d like to include some excerpts from the Press Release for Farmer Jason & Buddies Nature Jams. I was amazed when I read who some of the other artists were on this album but then again it explains a lot as to why the music is so infectious. Jason Ringenberg aka Farmer Jason has also won the Lifetime Achievement Award for Live Performance by the Americana Music Association in 2008. Read the excerpts below you’ll most likely recognize most if not all of the guest artists on this album.

Excerpts From the Press Release
Nature Jams is a high-value, kid-friendly gift package of 16 original songs, 4 music videos and a colorful 20-page booklet created by über designer Brad Talbott.  The song styles range from rock and roll anthems to sea shanties, jazz to folk.Farmer Jason raked in an all-star list of guest artists to sing and perform with him on Nature Jams, including Steve Gorman of The Black Crowes, Mike Mills from R.E.M., Tom Petersson of Cheap Trick, Iris DeMent, indie folk darling Brandi Carlile, Grammy®and many more!

The Review
I listened to the CD and watched the DVD and enjoyed them both. The music is high energy, even funny at times If you listen to the lyrics and yes I did find myself humming some of these songs. One of my favorites was Dison the Bison, why well it stuck in my head, I found myself singing to it much to the embarrassment of my 10 year old daughter. It also didn’t hurt that Steve Gorman of the Black Crowes was on this one too. Speaking of my daughter, Sian I also got her to listen to the CD along with some children of friends we had over one day. The ages ranged from 6 to 10 years of age. 

Here's a preview for you of one of the songs with video from YouTube - Take a Hike with Mike Mills

At first Sian was too old and cool for Farmer Jason until I caught her singing and dancing to the song “The Glacier”. The older kids you may have to sneak it by them, just play the CD and I think they’ll find themselves enjoying it even if they didn’t want to. The younger kids though went nuts over it and I got a few complaints from my friends their parents that some of them were singing the words to the songs (some correctly some not) non-stop. Oops sorry but as I said they are catchy and you’ll find yourself tapping your toes whether you wanted to or not.


My overall opinion is that Nature Jams is a super family-friendly collection of songs and videos that are fun and even sneak in a few things to teach the kids. Now for more fun stuff the giveaway, Sugar Mountain PR has provided one CD which also has a bonus DVD included with 4 videos. Now go and enter J


Please remember that if say you've entered the giveaway via a specific platform (ie: twitter, left a comment etc..) then you must have completed that task. All entries will be disqualified if it is confirmed that the entrant did not use the entry method indicated.

Disclaimer
I received one of the products mentioned above for free using Mom Blog Society. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. 


Review Completed By....Michelle Sutter

1 comment:

  1. new follower of your blog with GFC
    now follow my blog GFC
    http://glamorousgirlblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...